« Research in Action | Main

Ask And You Shall Receive

This Wednesday, a friend of mine invited me to go watch her model and support her at a fashion show. The venue was a few minutes away from campus, right across the local supermarket. Being a photographer, I asked the producer if I could take photos to get some more experience. It turned out that his photographer bailed on him, so he offered to pay me for my photos of the event. I was so surprised that a paid opportunity would present itself so unexpectedly. Here are some of the photos of the event:

IMG_8103.jpg
IMG_8649.jpg
IMG_8627-Edit.jpg

He called me the next day. During the conversation, he commented that he really liked my photos and asked if I could shoot the next two events. Furthermore, he asked if I was able to do a photo shoot for the winning models… I’ve never been paid for any of my photos. I would never have thought in a million years that I would have the opportunity to direct a photo shoot.

Some further updates on my college life: I recently got accepted to the Mayo Clinic’s Summer III nursing program. The Clinic traditionally takes two nursing students from CWRU to participate in this 10-week program. I will also be going to Africa this summer with a few friends. We will be doing some service work there, and because we’re all greek, the hours count towards Greek Life. I have also decided to go to China for my Capstone (CWRU’s version of a senior project). It’s just so amazing knowing that all these opportunities are out there. All you have to do is apply yourself, or in some cases, just ask about them.