« New Operating System Experiences | Main | Confessions of an Ex-Linux User »

April 25, 2005

In Soviet Russia you speak to CmdrTaco or why I will never troll on Slashdot again

Today Slashdot founder Rob 'CmdrTaco' Malda spoke at case. Hid hour long speech and QA session went for an extra 45 minutes before upb kicked us out. I asked Malda if he we were bad people for reading Slashdot without ads but not because we are subscribers. He said it's fine, because we're not driving the click-through rate down. Earlier, I had admitted that I occasionally troll Slashdot anonymously, so I promised to never troll Slashdot again before he gave me the an optical mouse. Chod won a copy of Norton AV. The person with the lowest UID won a nice subwoofer/speaker set. I wanted to ask if Malda still uses Linux for fun but didn't get the chance.

I noticed that Malda was using a Mac Laptop. Apple seems to be winning over more and more geeks. I've tried OSX but absolutely hate it. I would rather run Linux or even Windows XP with Cygwin.

Posted by ajc30 at April 25, 2005 10:20 PM

Trackback Pings

http://blog.case.edu/ajc30/mt-tb.cgi/1141

What did you talk about?

Posted by: jms18 at April 26, 2005 10:44 AM

I asked him what his opinion of people using adblock to read slashdot without ads. He said that the majority of the people who use it wouldn't click on the ads anyway so, it's better that we aren't driving the click through ratio down.

Posted by: Alex at May 22, 2005 03:50 PM

Remember Me?

(you may use HTML tags for style)