November 07, 2016
Remembering 1997-1998: Week 10
If it’s November, there must be elections somewhere. The November 7, 1997 issue of The Observer reported that the Undergraduate Student Government Assembly amended its election bylaws to “require election candidates to serve at the polling stations on the day of elections.”
In other news...
Other headlines included:
• Historic Severance Hall plans massive renovation
• CSP brings Race in the Post Modern World to CWRU
• Don’t walk alone at night!
• Eyes On CWRU Habitat for Humanity
• Inaugural Hallinan lecture ends Humanities Week
• Odorless, tasteless rape drugs cause concern in the U.S.
• Spartan Spotlight features Libby Stansifer, junior cross country
And here's the entire issue: Observer, 11/7/1997
This is one in a series of weekly blog postings describing what was happening at CWRU, as covered by The Observer, during the year many of the Class of 2020 were born.
Posted by jmt3 at November 7, 2016 02:52 PM
TrackBack URL for this entry: