August 11, 2005
New Safari Tech Books Available
Case Western Reserve University is a member of OhioLINK and shares in all the resources of this academic consortium.
From What's New at OhioLINK (August 10, 2005):
Twenty-nine e-books have been added to Safari Tech Books Online, a collection of more than 3,150 e-books covering computer science, information technology and related fields. In addition, Safari now offers standard and customizable RSS feeds for new and top titles. Users can find out when a new title is added to the collection, when a new title is added to a specific e-book category in the Safari Tech Books Online Collection or you can create a custom feed. See http://proquest.safaribooksonline.com/?mode=tools for details.
Some of the latest additions to the Safari Tech Books Online collection include:
Whether you need a quick tech tip or have an immediate hardware or software problem to solve, turn to Safari Tech Books Online for e-books from 15 top tech publishers. This collection is available to all students, faculty and staff at OhioLINK member institutions and is accessible via any Web-enabled computer.
- Adobe Reader 7 Revealed: Working Effectively with Acrobat PDF Files
- Novell ZENworks 6.5 Suite Administrator’s Handbook
- SAMS Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days Fifth Edition
- Cascading Style Sheets: Designing for the Web, Third Edition
- 802.11 Wireless Networks: The Definitive Guide
- Adobe® Creative Suite 2 Classroom in a Book®
- Killer Game Programming in Java
- Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Computer Basics, Third Edition
- Java Puzzlers: Traps, Pitfalls, and Corner Cases
- Robin Williams Cool Mac Apps, Second Edition: A guide to iLife ’05, .Mac, and More!
- iPod & iTunes: The Missing Manual, 3rd Edition
- Perl Testing: A Developer’s Notebook
- Making a Movie in Premiere Elements: Visual QuickProject Guide
- Microsoft® Office Project Server 2003 Unleashed
- Show Me! QuickBooks® 2005
- eBay Hacks, 2nd Edition
- A Practical Guide to Linux® Commands, Editors, and Shell Programming
- Service-Oriented Architecture: Concepts, Technology, and Design
- .Net Gotchas
- Visual Quickpro Guide PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites, Second Edition