April 11, 2006
MEMS Technology and Biomedical Applications - Conference
The Gordon Research Conference on "MEMS Technology and Biomedical Applications" will be held at Connecticut College, New London, CT during the week of June 25-30, 2006. There is an opportunity for researchers and their students to present their work at a poster session during the conference. More information about the conference, including links to registration can be found at http://www.grc.uri.edu/programs/2006/mems.htm.
Session topics include:
- Novel BioMEMS Sensing
- Chemical Specificity for BioMEMS Sensing
- BioMaterials for BioMEMS
- MEMS Technology as a Biomedical Device Platform
- Biologically Inspired MEMS
- Biofluidic Microsystems
- Implantable MEMS Devices
- Applications of BioMEMS in Human Health
Several Case speakers are listed, including:
- Horst von Recum - "Activation of gene regulation by a drug delivery microchip"
- Carlos Mastrangelo - Tentative Title: "Microfluidics chips for integrated DNA Assays"