April 11, 2006
What Researchers Need to Know about Open Access
Peter Suber in the SPARC Open Access Newsletter (Issue #94, February 2, 2006) shared his Six Things that Researchers Need to Know about Open Access.
- What OA journals exist in your field?
- OA journals are not the whole story of OA. There are also OA archives or repositories.
- OA archiving only takes a few minutes.
- Most non-OA journals allow authors to deposit their postprints in an OA repository.
- Journals using the Ingelfinger Rule are a shrinking minority.
- OA enlarges your audience and citation impact.
(Originally shared on Quick Picks, March 20, 2006.)