October 25, 2006

Exploring Libraries (...and our Users) in the Web 2.0 Realm

Last night, I was the guest speaker for the the Northern Ohio Chapter of the American Society for Information Science and Technology (NORASIST). The networking before dinner and the discussion related to my presentation was wonderful. The comments and questions have given me some new areas for exploration.

In the next few days, I will answer a couple questions that were proposed to me that I did not have a full response for. Watch my blog for follow-up.

NORASIST Annual Meeting
Tuesday, October 24th, 2006
The information world is becoming more user-driven and "social" in scope. As information professionals, we must understand this new wave of Internet customization and collaboration. Our users are developing new expectations in information delivery and interaction, but are we meeting or exceeding their needs? Some libraries and information providers are exploring and utilizing the same principles and technologies that have driven the Web 2.0 movement.Libraries are using tools, such as blogs, RSS feeds, wikis, social communities, podcasts, and various "mash-ups", to give library users increased ownership in their library experiences.

Presentation Bibliography (PDF)
Presentation (PDF)

Categories

Blog: Are You 2.0 Yet Libraries & Librarianship Library 2.0 My Experiences Web 2.0

Trackback URL for this entry is: http://blog.case.edu/bcg8/mt-tb.cgi/14638

Alternative Trackback Sources: | Google It! | Technorati | Bloglines

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

If you have entered an email address in the box, clicking this checkbox will subscribe your email address to this entry so that you are notified if any updates or additional comments occur on the entry.

Email this entry

Email this entry to:

Your email address:

Message (optional):