January 21, 2015
Quick Refresher Course on Password Reset
We all sometimes have trouble remembering the various passwords needed for logging into the many sites in which we are registered. With ILLiad, reclaiming your password is simple, and may be done online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Just follow the procedure described below...
* Navigate to the Kelvin Smith Library ILLiad logon page at either of these sites: http://library.case.edu/ksl/ill/ or
* Click on the 'Forgot Password' link, located just below the 'Login to ILLiad' button.
* Enter your UserName into the corresponding data field, then click the 'Reset Password' button.
* Check the e-mail account associated with the patron account which you have previously created in the KSL ILLiad system database.
* You should receive a message in approximately 2 minutes, containing the URL to a temporary 'Reset Password' page.
* Click on this link ONCE only, and wait for the page to open in your browser. Be sure to perform this step as soon as possible, as the page will expire within one hour of your password reset request.
* Enter your new password in the 'New Password' and 'Re-Enter New Password' data fields, then click on the 'Change Password' button.
* Please note if you do not enter two identical character strings, you will receive an error message. Keep in mind that your password will also be case-sensitive.
* If you have successfully changed your password, you will be taken back to the original logon page.
* Enter your UserName and your new password into their respective data fields, and click on the 'Logon to ILLiad' button, to begin a new session.
For more details to help you with recovering your ILLiad password, please consult our FAQ or Customer Help pages. To have your ILLiad password reset manually with the aid of an ILL staff member (during regular business hours), or if you have further questions or concerns, please contact us at (216) 368-3463 or (216) 368-3517, or at email@example.com.
December 05, 2014
Some Quick End-of-Year Reminders About ILL
As we come to the close of Fall 2014 Semester, here are some oft-repeated, albeit fairly crucial, issues to remember regarding our interlibrary loan services -- without further embellishment and in no particular order...
* Return loaned ILLiad books with all their accompanying paperwork (labels, bookbands, etc.) included.
* Return loaned ILLiad materials in multiple parts all at the same time.
* Return loaned ILLiad books borrowed through Kelvin Smith Library directly back to the Kelvin Smith Library service desk or into KSL bookdrops.
* Check for direct availability of electronic articles (in our online catalog or eJournal Portal), prior to choosing to request them via ILLiad.
* Check for direct availability of journals and books in KSL collections or other CWRU library locations (through our online catalog), prior to choosing to request them via ILLiad.
* Check for direct availability of books in OhioLINK member locations (by way of our online catalog and through the OhioLINK catalog), prior to choosing to request them via ILLiad.
* Make sure to use the appropriate ILLiad request form corresponding to your loan or copy citation type, when submitting.
* Pick up requested ILLiad books prior to their original due date, or notify ILL staff (or KSL desk staff) when they are no longer needed.
* Return loaned ILLiad books on time, or request renewals (as instructed in notifications) when eligible.
* View your electronically delivered ILLiad articles during their availability window periods, before they expire.
Thanks for keeping these in mind, as it helps to streamline and expedite the processes involved in efficiently executing interlibrary loan services, for both the ILL staff and you the customer.
November 21, 2014
OCLC Numbers, ISSN's & ISBN's When Submitting ILL Requests
These are always helpful pieces of information when included in your ILL request information, as they aid library staff in searching for potential holdings, thus expediting the overall process. However, we'd like to make note of some important issues about how you enter them into your ILLiad forms...
OCLC Accession Numbers...
These may be from 1 to 9 (or more) digits in length (e.g., '37993343') and are to be found by searching the OCLC WorldCat Database. They are often included also in the bibliographic records of most online library catalogs. You may enter them into the 'OCLC Number' field of the ILLiad request form you are using -- most copy request forms (excluding 'Patent') and all loan request forms have a location to enter this. The presence of an OCLC number is greatly appreciated, but the one you provide may not necessarily the same one we use to search available holdings for processing your request. We may prefer from among other records for the same material that indicate greater potential lenders. ILL staff may thus supersede your cited OCLC number and ultimately choose a different record.
ISSN's (International Standard Serial Number)...
These are commonly cited in article references, and appear in one of these formats: '0317-8471' or '2434-561X'. ILLiad request forms of the types 'Journal Article' and 'Conference Paper' include a field to enter this number. If correctly entered, they will aid in expediting proper copyright clearance, as well as searching serial records and library holdings.
ISBN's (International Standard Book Number)...
These are often cited in references to books, book chapters, or conference papers, and are usually 10 or 13 digits in length. The exist it formats of the following types: '978-3-16-148410-0', '0-684-84328-5' or '0-8044-2957-X' (hyphens may vary in position, or be omitted). ILLiad request forms of the types 'Book', 'Book Chapter' and 'Conference Paper' include a field for this number.
Additional Citing Tips...
When filling out your ILLiad request forms, we ask that you enter only OCLC numbers, ISSN's or ISBN's into the their corresponding data fields. Please avoid entering multiple OCLC numbers, ISSN's or ISBN's numbers into these respective fields. If you happen to have any additional such numbers, they may be specified in the 'Notes' field instead, and ILL staff may choose from among them as alternates.
Please do not enter DOI Abstract numbers (of the format such as '10.1080/0952813X.201'), UMI ProQuest AAT Dissertation/Thesis citation numbers (of the format such as '3090205' or 'NR20411') or any other types of citation numbers where OCLC numbers, ISSN's or ISBN's should be placed. These numbers may be entered into the 'Notes' field instead, to avoid any possible confusion or processing delays.
ILL Staff appreciate any information you can provide to help us better determine the availability of the materials you need. Clearly filling out your request transaction forms, as described above, will allow us to work more efficiently in helping to meet your research needs.
Any questions or concerns regarding citations in ILLiad requests may be addressed to ILL staff, by phone at (216) 368-3463 or (216) 368-3517, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
October 23, 2014
OhioLINK Loans vs. ILLiad Loans at KSL
Here are two services we provide that both fall under the category of "Interlibrary Loan", but entail some very distinct differences with regard to library policy. Just briefly making some important comparisons between them below -- please keep in mind that these explanations pertain specifically to how they are implemented in the Kelvin Smith Library and not as at any of the other CWRU campus library system service points.
* OhioLINK items are requested through the OhioLINK Catalog, using your CWRU login and password. You may also link to it from the CWRU Library Catalog, after determining no local copies are available.
* ILLiad items are requested at the ILLiad Main Logon site, by completing and submitting a loan transaction form. You must first create a user account on your initial usage -- this is available only for users from the College of Arts and Sciences, the Case School of Engineering, the Weatherhead School of Management, and university central administration. (Medical, Dental, Nursing, Law & MSASS users must register at their respective ILLiad sites.)
* OhioLINK items may be held at any listed library service point on campus (selected at the time you submit your request). Those to be held at the Kelvin Smith Library will be kept in a self-service open shelving area, by the patron's last name. OhioLINK loans are held for up to 10 days upon receipt from the lender library. (Exceptions include delivery service to select faculty and distance education enrollees, with direct checkout applied.)
* ILLiad loans are held in a secured shelving area (staff access only) in the Kelvin Smith Library, until no later than the original due date assigned by the lender library. We encourage borrowers to pick them up within the first 10 days after notification of receipt. (Exceptions again include delivery service to select faculty and distance education enrollees, with direct checkout applied.) Courtesy notices are also sent out via e-mail within a week before the due date, to remind borrowers their items are still being held.
* OhioLINK loans may be picked up by the requesting patrons, and charged out at the self-serve kiosk or at the Service Center desk (with staff assistance). Authorized users (on behalf of faculty only) may also check them out, after notification sent by the borrowers to request an update to the note field in their circulation accounts. Notify the Access & Delivery staff by e-mail to smithcontact.case.edu.
* ILLiad items must be retrieved by attendant staff (during regular hours only), and are to be checked out at the Service Center desk (valid photo ID & signature required). Authorized users may also sign them out, but the requesting user must specify their names in the ILLiad account (prior to submitting requests), accessed through the ILLiad Main Logon page. Select 'Change User Information' under the 'Main Menu' column to update.
** Loan Period
* OhioLINK books are generally lent for normally 21 days (42 for faculty), with the due date extending from the date they are picked up and checked out. Special items may have shorter loan periods applied, and may have an in-library use restriction applied.
* ILLiad loans are assigned a fixed due date, usually from 7 days to as long as 2 months (or even longer), based on lender libraries' individual policies. These due dates do not vary in relation to the date of checkout. Some ILL items may also have a 'LIBRARY USE ONLY' restriction indicated by the lender.
* You may view all your current OhioLINK and SearchOhio loan transactions (as well as local loans from Kelvin Smith and other CWRU campus library systems) by logging into My Library Account with your CWRU network ID and password.
* You may view all your ILLiad transactions by logging into your account at the ILLiad Main Logon page, using your ILLiad username and password. Current loans may be viewed by selecting 'Checked Out Items' under the 'Main Menu' column, while loans either still in process or ready for pickup will appear under 'Outstanding Requests'.
* You may request renewals on OhioLINK loans by logging into My Library Account. OhioLINK allows up to 6 renewals periods (beginning from the day the renewal is submitted), and these are usually effected in real time. Renewals may be requested on multiple items simultaneously, if desired. Item holds at the home institutions may preclude renewals, however.
* You must log into your account at the ILLiad Main Logon page in order to request renewals on ILL loaned items. Select 'Checked Out Items' from the 'Main Menu' column, and then you may submit a request individually on a checked-out loan transaction, provided it does not have a 'NO RENEWALS' restriction indicated by the lender. ILL staff will mediate renewal requests, and you will receive e-mail notifications based on the responses received from the lenders. Renewal extensions may vary (more or less) from the default 2-week period set in ILLiad, or they may be denied altogether, based upon lender libraries' policies. ILL loans are normally limited to a single renewal request, as well.
* E-mail notifications are normally sent out within a week in advance of the due date of OhioLINK loans, with a reminder to renew. Overdue notices will follow after the due date, then monthly until a printed bill for replacement is sent, unless items have been returned.
* Notifications via e-mail are sent regarding ILLiad loans as follows: 1) Reminder 5 days prior to original due date (advising to request renewal, if eligible), 2) First Overdue notice the day after the original due date, 3) Second Overdue notice 7 days after the due date, 4) Third Overdue notice 14 days after the due date (after which time ILLiad privileges become blocked). Recall notices may also be sent, if we are so notified by the lender libraries.
* OhioLINK loans can be returned to Kelvin Smith Library, but may also be turned in at any other CWRU campus library location, at the service desk or in the book drop (unless otherwise indicated).
* ILLiad items requested through Kelvin Smith Library must be returned directly to Kelvin Smith Library, preferably at the service desk -- avoid placing media and fragile items in the book drop. (Delivered ILL loans may be either mailed by courier or returned in person, to Kelvin Smith Library.)
* OhioLINK book loans accrue an amount of $0.50 per day, to a maximum of $50.00. Special items may be assessed at a greater daily amount. Lost items are billed a replacement fee of $125.00.
* Overdue fees are not levied for overdue ILLiad loans, but your ILL account will be blocked from essential borrowing privileges if any checked out items become more than 14 days past due. ILL privileges will be restored once any and all such loans have been returned to Kelvin Smith Library's ILL staff. Lost items will be billed for replacement, based upon lender libraries' policies upon negotiation communications between our ILL department and theirs. Extended blocking of ILLiad account privileges may also result until missing ILL item procedures become resolved.
Questions regarding OhioLINK loans may be referred to the KSL Access & Delivery team, at (216) 368-3506 or to email@example.com. Questions or concerns about ILLiad loan transactions (for KSL users only) may be addressed to the KSL Interlibrary Loan staff, at (216) 368-3463 or (216) 368-3517, or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 17, 2014
Visiting Scholars and ILL Services
Just a few words on how Visiting Scholars may access interlibrary loan services through the KSL ILLiad system...
Visiting Scholars who have been invited by one of the academic departments of the Case School of Engineering, the College of Arts and Sciences or the Weatherhead School of Management are also accorded borrowing privileges at the Kelvin Smith Library. In addition, we offer them the same regular interlibrary loan privileges provided to staff members, graduate students and undergraduates of those colleges -- however, this does not include the extended courtesy services also granted to permanent faculty.
In order to allow for regular library borrowing privileges, a representative of your sponsoring academic department must submit information to the Kelvin Smith Library Access & Delivery staff at the following address: email@example.com. Once a viable circulation record has been created in our library patron database, you then become eligible for regular interlibrary loan privileges during the period of your appointed term.
Once you have your library privileges established through KSL, you may then go to our ILLiad site to set up your ILL account, at: http://library.case.edu/ksl/ill/. Click on the 'First Time Users' link to register -- after you view our terms of service, you will be led to the 'New User Registration for ILLiad' form. Here you will be prompted to enter all your personal information as required for interlibrary loan services. You will be asked to supply your 'CASE Account Number', which should have been assigned in your circulation account, when you received your regular library privileges; you may look it up at the following link: https://library.case.edu/loc/caseacct/. When asked to supply your status, please select 'Staff', as we do not currently have a special option for Visiting Scholars. For your department, please select the appropriate academic department from among those options available in the 'Department or Major' list.
We hope this will clear up any uncertainty regarding Visiting Scholar library privileges. If you have any further questions about the interlibrary loan services available to you, do not hesitate to contact us at (216) 368-3463 or (216) 368-3517, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
August 20, 2014
Things to Remember About ILLiad and ILL Services
As we begin another academic year, here are a few friendly reminders about how to best use ILLiad...
* ILLiad is primarily intended (with a few exceptions) for use in obtaining loans and non-returnable copies through interlibrary loan processing. Please avoid submitting requests when materials are already available in the Kelvin Smith Library collections, or in the collections of its branch locations or of other CWRU campus library systems.
* ILLiad is not a substitute for OhioLINK. Please check the OhioLINK (and SearchOhio) collections for items available for request through online borrowing. Please do not request loans through ILLiad when you can already borrow them through OhioLINK, and avoid submitting requests for the same item in both ILLiad and OhioLINK simultaneously.
* Please make sure to provide as complete and clear citations as possible, for the books, copies, etc., that you wish to request. It is always helpful for you to indicate ISBN, ISSN and OCLC Accession numbers, as well as the sources of your citations and any other helpful information. Most ILLiad forms include an appropriate field for these data, including a miscellaneous 'Notes' field.
* Please submit a separate ILLiad request transaction for each individual loan or copy item you require. ILL staff may ask that you re-submit any 'multiple-item' requests into their respective parts.
* Avoid submitting duplicate requests for exactly the same loan or copy item. You may always check your ILLiad account for any outstanding requests that require additional time to be filled, and you can contact ILL staff if you need further details that are not readily visible in the notes or tracking history of a specific transaction. Re-submitting another request will not in any way expedite your receipt of the material you require.
* When setting up a new ILLiad account in the KSL site, please be sure of the following: 1. You have not previously created an account in our system. 2. Your department appears in our list--otherwise, you may actually need to set up your profile with one of the other three CWRU campus library locations (Law, MSASS, Cleveland Health Sciences). 3. You can provide a current e-mail notification account that you check on a regular basis, and can keep it up-to-date.
* ILL staff reserve the right to cancel any ILLiad request at our discretion, and in accordance with any of the above-mentioned criteria.
We hope this will be helpful for your use of out ILLiad system and ILL services, as well as guiding you towards other internally accessible resources. Please also feel free to search this blog for more extensive help topics that have been previously addressed. If you have questions or concerns, please contact ILL staff, by phone at (216) 368-3463 or (216) 368-3517, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
July 11, 2014
Numbers to Remember for Interlibrary Loan Services
Here are some significant numbers to keep in mind with regard to your interlibrary loan services through Kelvin Smith Library's ILLiad system...
5 -- the number of days before the due date of a loaned ILL item at which you will receive your initial reminder notification; this indicates the window until then at which you are able to request a renewal, provided the item is eligible per the lender's policy.
5 -- the maximum number of articles within the most recent 5 years of an individual publication that we may request on ILL in a single calendar year before copyright becomes an issue; requests in excess of this will then require we assume payment of often exorbitant fees per each document, to compensate the publishers.
7 -- the number of days after which the overdue status of an ILL loan starts to become critical, at which the second of two overdue notifications will be sent out; the first of these will have already been sent out the day after the item's original due date.
10 -- the number of days within which we recommend you pick up an ILL loan after we notify you that it has been received; this is not mandatory, and we will not pull and return items that have not been picked up until they actually become overdue.
14 -- the default number of additional days indicated when you submit a renewal request for an eligible loan; this is the extension we present to the lender library, but their reply may vary according to their own specific policy or local lending circumstances.
14 -- the number of days after which the overdue status of a loan now causes your ILL privileges to become blocked; you will receive an overdue notification to this effect, and functions available in your ILLiad account will be limited until you return any and all loans this many (or more) days past due.
20 -- the number of minutes after which your ILLiad online session times out, if no keystroke activity is detected; we recommend that you refresh your session regularly by clicking on the "(Your) ILLiad Page" link at the top of the Main Menu list.
30 -- the maximum number of viewing days available for electronically delivered articles; after this period, aged document files become deleted from the server during ILLiad's next scheduled automatic clean-up session.
60 -- the maximum number of days we will hold a printed article (or other non-returnable item) supplied through interlibrary loan; as we rely almost exclusively on electronic delivery, this will apply only to special instances agreed upon by ILL staff, on a case-by-case basis and with requisite justification.
We hope this information will help guide you in your use of ILLiad and ILL services. If you have questions or concerns, please contact ILL staff, by phone at (216) 368-3463 or (216) 368-3517, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Detailed information about interlibrary loan services and policies that might well answer your questions can also be found at our Customer Help page.