Logging in with Your ILLiad UserName & Password
Just some important points to keep in mind about opening sessions in ILLiad...
* Accounts for eligible CWRU users do not already exist prior to your initial use of ILLiad. You must create your own profile at our main login page, at the 'First Time Users' link. Once done, you can begin submitting ILL requests as needed, without having to re-enter all you personal information each time.
* Please set up your ILLiad account at the site for the library service point appropriate to your university affiliation. Kelvin Smith Library's ILLiad site is specifically for the use of members of the College of Arts and Sciences, Case School of Engineering, Weatherhead School of Management, and university central administrative offices, as well as for Alumni Online Library registrants and Kelvin Smith Library staff. Other library systems on campus with separate ILLiad sites are the Cleveland Health Sciences Library, the School of Law Library, and the MSASS Library. They are there also to serve your ILL needs, if you do not find your department listed in our own 'New User Registration' form.
* We recommend, but do not require, that you use your Case Initials (e.g., 'abc12') for your UserName when you create your ILLiad account. If you had previously set up an account with this as a UserName, but forgot you did, you will get a message stating that it has already been taken by 'another user'. You could try entering it into the 'Forgot Password?' feature to restore use of your original record if this happens to be the case. A message containing a link will then be sent to the e-mail address associated with that account.
* When creating a password, we always suggest you use any secure character string of reasonable length (i.e., 10 to 15, containing capitals and lower-case letters, numerals and other non-alphabetical characters), but discourage using the same one as for other of your routinely used accounts.
* We discourage the creation of new ILLiad accounts when you have already set one up previously. We encourage you to try the 'Forgot Password?' feature first, or contact us by phone at 216-368-3517 or 216-368-3463, or by e-mail at email@example.com, to reset your password or look up your UserName if you've forgotten it. In circumstances where you may have multiple accounts, we are also able to merge them so you can access all your transactions and notifications in the same place--of course, with a single UserName of your choice.
Hoping this short list helps to answer some of your questions about properly accessing our library's ILLiad system.