Archives for the Month of September 2013 on Carl's ILLiad Blog
ILL and the New KSL Service Center Configuration
Just some comments about how Interlibrary Loan services fit into the new Kelvin Smith Library desk and storage furniture situation, staffed by Access and Delivery team members...
* Although ILL presence is now less visible, services involved there are essentially the same as before. Be assured that our stored loan materials are now more secure than previously, as the cabinets containing them are accessed only by A&D personnel during regular hours and are kept locked while the Service Center area is not staffed.
* You will still pick up and check out your ILL books (requested via ILLiad) at the KSL Service Center area. A&D staff will retrieve them from the designated hold shelf, present you with a check-out slip to sign and date, and charge the material out in your ILLiad account through a client proxy.
* Items with a 'LIBRARY USE ONLY' restriction (indicated by the lender library) must be signed out, as with all ILL loans. 'Out' and 'In' times and dates must be recorded on the special usage log slip included with such loans. These items will be secured in the hold shelf area during any times of non-use, while they are still checked out to your ILLiad account. As stated above, A&D staff will monitor these materials during regular hours, and keep them locked in their cabinet when the Service Center is closed.
* You may still return ILL books at the KSL Service Center (to staff at the desk), at the indoor book drop, or at the outdoor book drop (preferably after regular hours). As always, we ask that you do not return any loaned audio-visual materials into either book drop, whether they have been borrowed through ILLiad, via OhioLINK, or directly from any of the KSL or CWRU collections.
* If you have any ILL items being held, but which have not yet been checked out, or any 'LIBRARY USE ONLY' loans that are checked out but are no longer needed, you may contact the A&D desk staff in person or at 216-368-3506 (or notify ILL staff, as below) to have them pulled off the shelf and marked for return.
* Renewals of ILL items, when available (i.e., no restriction, not overdue & within 5 days prior to due date, not previously renewed) may still be requested at KSL Service Center. A&D desk staff can submit these on your behalf in real time, through our client proxy. Of course, you may always log into your ILLiad account to do this remotely.
* For any and all other issues regarding loans, electronic deliveries, article citations, website login access and usage, etc., please contact the ILL staff at 216-368-3463 or 216-368-3517, or e-mail us at email@example.com. During regular business hours (Mon-Fri, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM), we are usually available for consultations in person, in the KSL 2nd Floor Staff Arc.