A Few General ILL Comments Worth Repeating
Creating new ILLiad accounts, loan issues, ILL privilege concerns...
* For your Username, you may use your Case network ID, i.e., in "abc123" format -- we recommended this when registering, for the sake of convenience. You can also use the same password string as for Single Sign-in (though not required), but you must remember that whenever you change it in the Case Network, you must change it separately during an ILLiad login session if you want it to match -- this will not occur automatically.
* Your Case Account Number is required when registering, and may be searched at the Case Account Number page. It is not the same number as your Employee ID Number, if you are Faculty, Staff, or Student Staff.
* Students who register, but have not yet declared a major, should select 'UNDECLARED' from the 'Department or Major' list, and change it later to the program in which they have enrolled once this has been determined. Do not use departments such as 'ARTS AND SCIENCES, COLLEGE OF' or 'ENGINEERING, CASE SCHOOL OF', which are intended for administrative staff only.
* Renewals of ILLiad loans may be requested at the Service Center (if the transaction is currently eligible -- i.e., not restricted, not overdue, not more than 5 days earlier than the due date, and not previously renewed). Otherwise, you will need to contact ILL staff for assistance at (216) 368-3463 or (216) 368-3517, or at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Return your outstanding ILL loans as soon as you are finished using them, but no later than 14 days past the due date in order to avoid having your ILLiad privileges blocked.
* Having an excess of $15.00 in regular library fines on your circulation account will block you from logging into your ILLiad account. You will see an alert message to this effect when you attempt to enter your Username and password.
Hope this information has answered some of your questions about ILL.