Entries in the Category "site stuff"
"Stop all this arguing! We have to keep moving!" - every episode of Lost, ever
It's time to abandon Cereal Monogamist and head off into the jungle in the direction of my new blog, Cultural Civilian. Follow me (or my helpful link) to my new presence at Wordpress.
(And for God's sake, keep moving! They could be right behind us. And it's gonna be dark soon.)
Attention, readers of Cereal Monogamist! This blog is changing houses.
Now that I have (amicably) ended my association with Case, I am moving to Wordpress. I'm still figuring things out over there, customizing and whatnot. When it looks how I want it, I will point everybody in that direction.
So, in short, here's what's on the horizon:
- New blog address
- New blog look
- New blog title!
- Same old prattle about Lost and cookies
In the meantime, keep checking me out here! For lack of anything else substantive to say, let me leave you with this video of Parks and Recreation's Leslie Knope filling time at a telethon by talking about classic 90s sitcom Friends.
Received in the mail today...
- From Netflix: Scarface, the Shame of the Nation (1932)
- An ad for a local Jewish community center gym.
- Two coupons for Bed Bath and Beyond to throw on my preexisting pile of Bed Bath and Beyond coupons.
- Two boxes from Amazon! My "I passed my MA exam" celebration care package which I ordered for myself!
- One book of short stories
- Kill Bill vols. 1 and 2 on DVD (because, though I prefer vol. 2, to have only vol. 2 on DVD seemed incomplete)
- the third season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
I am really trying not to indulge in any of these care package entertainments right now. I should be working! Instead I am...wasting half the morning figuring out what code to use to nest a list inside a list. (Neat, hey?)
Your eyes do not deceive you
There have been some changes to the site recently; yes, I've been messing successfully with code!
For the less observant among you, here are the new features:
- new colors (shades of purple today, though expect me to change them more often than I change moods)
- a new font, this one a bit easier on the eyes and much more attractive when bolded
- a new blog image (a well-balanced diet of grains!)
- a new column on the sidebar called Currently Reading/Writing About--you know, in case you care
Isn't this site ugly?
I just thought I'd head off criticism at the pass. Yes, the site's an eyesore. Unfortunately, I can't change the screen colors or the font without knowing HTML. The platform is Movable Type, and even though I have a user's guide, it's a bit opaque for someone who doesn't know anything about programming (which really highlights the necessity of technical writing education such as I offer on Mondays and Wednesdays from 2 to 3).
If anyone knows anything about Movable Type, or wants to offer me some HTML advice, I'm listening.