Introduction

So I’m working on my outline and I want to brainstorm some information that I will include in my introduction for the outline due monday.

--define genome
--define DNA sequence, what is it? how does it work? etc.
--Talk about complete sequences already mapped and how long they took
--Why is flax unique, what are the interesting properties
--Technology used to sequence genome
--How has this technology changed in the past years
--How this has changed what kind of questions can be asked in research

These are some ideas that I will add to my outline. Hopefully it will be enough for a well-thought out introduction.

Trackback URL for this entry is: http://blog.case.edu/chica/mt-tb.cgi/17390

gravatar

Posted by: Jean-Paul
Posted on: April 4, 2008 12:07 PM

Bonjour Christina,
First time I go on a blog... because of flax. My job is breeding that plant in France, and I met a long time ago Mr Cullis (10/15 years?).
"Interresting properties" of flax? We can discuss on that if you wish.
From my side I work a lot on yield of fiber, and this fiber is very special (nearly no lignins and of a special G/S ratio). All the genes linek to the fiber composition are of great importance and few european teams (and at tha minimum a canadian one) are working on. Nothing realy published yet, but hope that will come.
In july there will be a meeting in Saskatoon, not so far from you. Could be a good opportunity to meet.

If you have entered an email address in the box, clicking this checkbox will subscribe your email address to this entry so that you are notified if any updates or additional comments occur on the entry.