CASE.EDU:    HOME | DIRECTORIES | SEARCH
Case Western Reserve University

KELVIN SMITH LIBRARY

KSL Needs a Webmaster -or- 'Goodbye CWRUel World'

Yes, I'm going over the wall. As of end-of-day on Friday, May 20 I will no longer be employed by Case. I've accepted an offer from Infiniti Systems Group in Brecksville to be what they are calling a Project Consultant. I won't go into the talk about what they do because you can follow the link to their site and see that for yourself.

What lead me to this? Let me say right here that my decision to leave Case has nothing to do with any individual. People always speculate that so-and-so is leaving because he was finally fed up with ... That is not the case here. The Tech Team works hard and plays hard so there are the normal, occasional conflicts but nothing that leads to a long term decision to pack up and leave.

This is more from my need to stretch my legs now and then and do something different. I'm a creative person who needs to express that creativity now and then. So, as you can guess, the Case branding does play a part in this decision as it does a certain amount of creativity squelching. I'm doing more and more of the same things on a day-to-day basis and that is not a good thing for me. So, I put the resumé up on a couple of boards and waited for the right opportunity to find me.

That's right. I did practically no active searching for job opportunities. I put up a resumé and let the head hunters find me with offers based on it. I have a perfectly good, stable job that has a lot to offer and there's no need to jump ship irrationally just because of a few fixable leaks.

At any rate, for all of you web development geeks out there, polish up your resumé with emphasis on all of your web coding languages and database work because the KSL Tech Team is unique on campus as a place to write code. Have a look at the student job description on the KSL web site to get an idea of what to expect.

P.S. Jeremy, you're going to want to archive that post about branding your departmental blog.

Trackback URL for this entry is: http://blog.case.edu/dkh2/mt-tb.cgi/1276 Keith Higgs Is Leaving
Excerpt: Keith is leaving the University. Make sure to stop by his entry and wish him Good Luck!....
Weblog: Jeremy Smith's blog
Tracked: May 11, 2005 04:35 PM

AtlantiCat
AtlantiCat spake from the ether on May 11, 2005 03:28 PM to say:

Congrats and good luck! :)

jms18
jms18 spake from the ether on May 11, 2005 04:32 PM to say:

Oh man, that sucks. We always lose the good ones.

Well, good luck to you, Keith! And, if there is any kind of send-off celebration involving the Barking Spider, let me know.

Assuming I have my way, blogs well never be deleted because Cool URIs don't change. So, it should be around.

Nicole
Nicole spake from the ether on May 11, 2005 05:03 PM to say:

Keith, best of luck to you in your new job! You'll be missed, I'm certain, because Blog@Case will be a quieter place without you.

neuman
neuman spake from the ether on May 13, 2005 05:04 AM to say:

Good luck! I hope you like your new job!

If you have entered an email address in the box, clicking this checkbox will subscribe your email address to this entry so that you are notified if any updates or additional comments occur on the entry.

Email This Entry:

Send this entry to:

Your email address:

Message (optional):