November 16, 2009
AFSA Scholarship Program
* Open to 2009-2010 high school seniors in the United States who are U.S. citizens or legal residents.
* Scholarship payable to the winner’s account at college/university or certified trade school in the United States; student must enroll in semester beginning no later than fall 2010.
* Winners not based on financial need
* Home-schooled students may apply as long as they can verify that course of study is equivalent to that of a senior in high school.
* Relatives of AFSA staff or board members may not enter.
May 3, 2010
* Read the "Fire Sprinkler Essay" (pdf) or (html) about automatic fire sprinklers.
* Complete registration page with all requested information. Before scholarship funds will be awarded, all information submitted on the application by the student will be verified. If ANY false or misleading information is submitted on the application, the student will be disqualified without notification to the student.
* Take a ten-question multiple-choice test. This is an open-book test and you may print the essay beforehand for reference during testing. For each question answered correctly, students will receive one (1) entry into a drawing for one of ten $2,000 scholarships. For each question answered incorrectly, you will be given one more chance at the end of the exam to answer those questions correctly. A total of ten (10) entries into the drawing is possible if the student answers all ten questions correctly.
* Each student is allowed only one opportunity to take the online test. Any attempt to enter again under a different name, address, etc., will automatically disqualify the student without notification to the student.
* Students selected as winners are required to submit the name and contact information of their chosen college/university/certified trade school for verification of registration and payment of the scholarship to the school. Information must be submitted no later than August 31, 2010 or the scholarship will be considered unclaimed and another winner will be selected.
Visit http://www.studentscholarshipsearch.com/cgi/jump2.cgi?ID=1074 to apply.
Posted by cle16 at November 16, 2009 08:34 PM
TrackBack URL for this entry: