November 17, 2009
* At the time I apply, I will be a full-time student pursuing a bachelor's degree with junior-level academic standing; I have senior-level standing in my third year of college enrollment; or I am a senior and a resident of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, or a Pacific Island. Note: Students who have completed their bachelor's degree or are already attending graduate school are not eligible for the Truman Scholarship.
* I am a U.S. citizen (or a U.S. national from a Pacific Island) or I expect to receive my citizenship by the date the Scholarship will be awarded.
* I want to work in government, education, the nonprofit sector, or the public interest/advocacy sector to improve these conditions.
* I am comfortable committing to work in public service for three of the first seven years after I complete a Foundation-funded graduate degree.
* I would like to get a master's degree, a doctorate, or a professional degree such as a law degree or a Master of Public Administration, Master of Public Health, Master of Social Work, Master of Education, Master of Public Policy, or Master of International Affairs.
* I have participated extensively in two or more of the following sets of activities:
- Student government and/or campus-based extracurricular activities
- Community service-related activities that were not organized by my school or by my fraternity/sorority
- Government internships, commissions or boards, advocacy or interest groups, nonpartisan political activities, or military/ROTC
- Partisan political activities and campaigns
* I believe I could hold my own in a challenging interview conducted by a panel of prominent public servants, educators, and former Truman Scholars.
Truman Application Deadline: February 2, 2010
Finalist Posting: February 23, 2010
Finalist Confirmation Form Due: February 25, 2010
Regional Review Panels: March 5, 2010 through March 26, 2010
Scholar Posting: March 30, 2010
Truman Scholars Leadership Week: May 24 through May 30, 2010.
The Truman Application consists of an Institutional Nomination form and letter, three additional letters of recommendation, a recent transcript, a 14 question application, and a policy proposal.
Posted by cle16 at November 17, 2009 03:17 PM
TrackBack URL for this entry: