CASE.EDU:    HOME | DIRECTORIES | SEARCH

June 24, 2008

Steven L. Wolfe

Steven L. Wolfe

Fisk University, B.A. '95
Weatherhead School of Management, '01
Birthplace: Dayton, Ohio
Current home: Mount Vernon, New York

Steven L. Wolfe did not think twice about what he would study in college. He loves the French language. He also sought to learn more about social and human interactions, groups and group dynamics, which spoke to his interest in sociology.

Fisk University's reputation in both of these fields, along with its extensive list of accomplished alumni made Fisk an easy choice.

Apart from his academic life, he joined Phi Beta Sigma fraternity, the Fisk Modern Black Mass Choir, the Baptist Student Union, the Fisk track and field team, and the Student Government Association.

"One of my fond memories of Fisk is when I co-labored with several of my likeminded classmates, to revive the student newspaper, the Fisk Forum, and the university yearbook, the Fisk Oval. We had to justify to the university administration how important it was to maintain these media for chronicling our memories and campus life activities. I built a strong camaraderie with my classmates. We knew after this experience that we could make a difference in the things that we believed in."

He entered the banking and financial services industry, and worked for five years as a business consultant, providing development, financial, marketing, and business analysis. He also married. His family includes wife Desiree, and their children, Kira and Jadon.

As he began to consider ways to enhance his experience and leverage his skills with a graduate degree, he decided to attend a college fair. There he learned about the M.B.A. program at Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve in Cleveland. The school's reputation, its curriculum, scholarship opportunities, and small class sizes convinced him to apply.

His academic program focused on entrepreneurship, marketing, and finance. Along with his M.B.A. in 2005, he earned the Weatherhead Heart and Soul Award, presented to a student who has given his or her all to the ultimate success of the school through their involvement, dedication, and enthusiasm.

"I couldn't have come this far without the help and support of my family, friends, colleagues, and teachers who made it possible for me to matriculate to two outstanding institutions of learning. I am excited about how this partnership between Fisk and Case will encourage the growth of the relationship between the two schools."

In September 2006, he returned to banking. He joined Bear Stearns Asset Management Inc. as an associate director in the Alternative Funds Services Group.

Posted by: Heidi Cool June 24, 2008 11:01 AM