October 25, 2006
In My Time at Case
I'm in a nostalgic mood, so I'd figure I'd present a list of my impact on the Case community in the time I metriculated (fall 2002) to present (graduating in December).
In no particular order:
- Principal developer on the Case Wiki
- Helped roll out CAS, the university's single sign-on service
- Lots of behind-the-scenes work on configuring LAMP stacks on ITS machines
- A few scripts on webservices.case.edu
- Rolled out start.case.edu with Andrew Witte
- Lots of work for USG - general server guy, finance system
- SCREW, a visual course evaluation viewing system
- Started and maintain opensource.case.edu
- CaseDrupal, a project to provide a Case-specific Drupal install
- Worked for Undergraduate Admission, where I hopefully contributed to attracting some awesome students
- Coded a chunk of Case Forums
- PHP Case Library for interfacing with many services at Case using PHP
- Raised what I perceived to be important student and university issues on this blog and on the forums
- Always maintained an open line of communication
- Loads of house improvement for my fraternity (see galleries 1 and 2)
I'm probably forgetting a few items from the list, but I've got the big time consumers up there. If you can think of anything, please remind me. ;)
I encourage all students reading this, both present and future, to do your part in bettering the campus community in any way you can. If you can give computer talent, give that. If you can give time, do philanthropy. If you enjoy influencing policy, join USG. Just please don't hang out in your dorm all day and play WoW. Give back to the community in any way you can. The benefits may not surface immediately nor will they seem to impact you, but I guarantee good will come out of your actions.
You can ping this entry by using http://blog.case.edu/gps10/mt-tb.cgi/10579 .
Way to go Greg on Case Wiki and that 4 page spread about it in Case magazine.
That's a good legacy :)
qhwutrofs iuyq fdbix fewg qrwelcyht hmqbz eupaki