February 24, 2008

Ahh, Comcast

Posted at February 24, 2008 03:35 PM in Comcast .

Comcast has caused troubles and tribulations before. Their new act, although presented with less drama than previous, is still hideous.

I recently moved from Santa Clara to San Mateo. My new abode, like the old one, is only serviced by Comcast. So, I needed to get service transitioned. Simple, right?

When I called Comcast and scheduled the switchover, everything went without a hitch. The technician even showed up on time and service was hooked up without incident (unless you count that I couldn't retain my existing DVR and cable modem because they were incompatible with the systems in San Mateo -- 25 miles from where I was living).

After the rather smooth transition, my stock in Comcast started ascending. Then, things got funky.

Within the span of two days, I received two separate Comcast bills. One for my new address. The other, for the old. Of course, the service billing dates for the old address were after I had moved out. Not only were they still billing me for the old address, but they had included an installation fee for my new address, something which would be free according to both the telephone service representative and the technician who performed the installation.

Like I always do, I called Comcast to address the issues. The installation charge was removed and they assured me that I don't have to pay the Santa Clara bill. According to them, it takes a month or two for the old address to be removed from the system and I will continue to receive bills until that happens. Huh? Back that up. In a day and age where you have electronic central billing systems that allow up to the second accurate access to information as it changes, you will be unable to stop billing me for a few months and I should just ignore the bill. Are you kidding me?

Comcast, your procedures confound me. It is no wonder that Comcast is the only recurring bill I have not set up for automatic payment: I simply don't trust them to deduct the proper amount.

Trackback

You can ping this entry by using http://blog.case.edu/gps10/mt-tb.cgi/16992 .

This sounds familiar to when I moved last August, except you have to replace Comcast with Time Warner and a 25 mile move with 1 mile inside the same town. I got the double-billing and everything.

Posted by Nicole Sharp at February 24, 2008 04:18 PM

First time visit. Just saying HI. Come visit me in return : )

http://r2000.blogspot.com

Posted by R2K at February 25, 2008 10:13 PM

On behalf of Comcast, I sincerely
apologize for the inconvenience.

We would like to investigate this further so that we could
address the issues and prevent any recurrence. If it is not so much of a trouble, will you please me an email with your contact info so that we may investigate further?

Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,

Mark Casem
Comcast Executive Offices

Posted by ComcastCares1 at February 28, 2008 04:30 PM

On behalf of Comcast, I sincerely
apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,

Mark Casem
Comcast Executive Offices
mark_casem@cable.comcast.com

Remember personal info?