For those who emailed me last week, I was on vacation. And, by "vacation," I mean that I actually disconnected myself from my computer(s) for a period of nine days. It was refreshing, pleasant, and very restful. (And, not entirely true, I did logon a couple times just to scan the subject lines of some emails to make sure the data centers hadn't caught on fire or something.)
Coming back this morning, I had 1134 non-spam and non-machine-produced emails awaiting my attention. I have just now processed all of them in the following manner:
- All work emails which could be answered and/or dealt with in a period of less than 5 minutes were dealt with accordingly.
- All work emails of a "critical" nature were filed into a "critical" folder.
- All other work emails were filed into an "enqueued" folder.
- All other emails remain unread.
I have just now finished processing the "critical" folder and am about to move on to the remaining "enqueued" folder. So, if you have emailed me and haven't heard back from me yet, I will be getting back to you shortly.
For those keeping tabs, keeping scores, or are generally curious about the going-on's, I have a busy several weeks/month ahead of me. Currently slated on the agenda:
- The various Chicken Little events that phase in and out of existence each day that vary in size, scope, and severity.
- Re-working of the preadmitted and prospective students account/identities generation and tracking. Making it work more seamlessly, more quickly, more "as expected," and, in general, just better.
- Deployment of the new SSO system into production and migration of all existing applications currently employing Pubcookie over to CAS.
- Cleaning up the underlying markup, fixing the interface, and adding in some features for Blog@Case Topics.
- Cleaning up the underlying markup, fixing the interface, and adding in some features for Topics.case.edu.
And, for some reason, my brain is telling me that I am missing two items from that list. Just can't think of them right now. At any rate, if you haven't heard from me and expect to; you should be hearing from me shortly.