I decided to implement my own CAS server using the CAS Protocol Specification on the CAS web site for a few reasons:
- I do not like Java very much and I like J2EE servers even less. If you like Java and J2EE, I don't mean any offense. It's just not my preference (for both logical and purely emotional reasons).
- I cannot host Java web applications on my web host, and I like my web host too much to change.
- I like Perl a lot and have come to like Jifty very much as well.
- I can host Perl, and all the tools I need for my own CAS customizations are available to me on CPAN.
- CAS+ is a Jifty test application I'm writing in conjunction with work I am contributing back to Jifty.
Awesome! I'd been thinking about doing something like that myself for the same reasons.