CASE.EDU:    HOME | DIRECTORIES | SEARCH
case western reserve university

MANDEL SCHOOL
NEWS AND EVENTS

MAIN NAVIGATION

December 15, 2011

Dante Rodriguez - artist

Sea Guardian I.JPG

Dante Rodriguez mixed media paintings manipulate reality with mythical vignettes focusing on elusive human and non-human hybrid creatures. The compositions, bold colors, dripping paint, and the placement of the hybrids, create successful inquisitive paintings.

“My mixed media paintings are of a hybridization of humans, animals and abstract structures. They are my attempts to redefine our relationship with nature. At first glance, my characters have a mythological appearance that is both strange and grotesque as they struggle to find their identity in a world of homogenized thinking. I try to find the spiritual connection between man and animal in order discover a relationship that shows a calm coexistence that is lacking in our contemporary world.” Dante Rodriguez

Dante's paintings are currently on exhibit at The Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences, on the first floor. The exhibit runs through February 6, 2012. To purchase work or questions, please contact: june.hund@case.edu or call 216-368-0722.