CASE.EDU:    HOME | DIRECTORIES | SEARCH
case western reserve university

MANDEL SCHOOL
NEWS AND EVENTS

MAIN NAVIGATION

April 12, 2013

Justin Brennan, artist

Debauchery_J_Brennan.jpg

Justin Brennan is a local Cleveland artist who deserves recognition. His work consists of contemporary mixed-media abstracts. He uses and experiments with different mediums, objects and techniques. His compositions are layered, textured, rich colors imaginatively combined to produce a creative piece of art. He is influenced by what surrounds him both physically and emotionally. His aim is to express raw emotion via spontaneous creativity, without analytical prodding.

Brennan describes his work as: “In my paintings I attempt to bypass self-censoring thought and allow myself to be influenced by what surrounds me. Be it physically or emotionally. The aim is to express raw emotion via spontaneous creativity without analytical prodding. The focus or result of this process is something non-representational and honest..."The goal of my work is to simplify the complex while still affecting the viewer.”

His paintings are currently on exhibit at The Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences. The exhibit runs through May, 31, 2013. The works are for sale. To purchase work or questions, please contact: june.hund@case.edu or call 216-368-0722.