CASE.EDU:    HOME | DIRECTORIES | SEARCH
case western reserve university

MANDEL SCHOOL
NEWS AND EVENTS

MAIN NAVIGATION

September 13, 2013

Holley Jones, (GE HO JO), artist

Gehojo.IMG_0047.jpg

Artist, Holley Jones, (GE HO JO) rural landscapes depict the beauty of the environment that he reside in. The landscapes are colorful abstractions of his perception of nature in Arkansas, the North West Ozark Mountain range. The hustle and bustle of city life is totally ignored in this landscape series. The color plate that he uses creates a peaceful and clamming place.

The panoramic view of these paintings is intertwined with the laid back personality of this artist. “In my heart I am an abstract expressionist — abstracted but still accessible. My role is not to report on the visible but to reveal the unknown. My style and interests are as varied as the media I use…My work is inspired by my lifestyle, family and the weather. I paint for myself. It is my hope that in viewing my works the observer will realize there are no limitations.” (GE HO JO)

Jones’ landscapes are currently on exhibit at the Jack, Joseph, and Morton Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences Case Western Reserve University, on the second and third floors. The exhibit runs through September 28, 2013. To learn more about the artist, or to purchase his work, please contact: june.hund@case.edu or call 216-368-0722.