News, Services, Events & Features @KSL
RefWorksâ€“New Web-Based Software...Create Bibliographies Quickly!
Information is only valuable if you can use it when you need it. RefWorks reference management becomes your own customized database that helps you import, organize, and share your research, while creating bibliographies:
- import references from databases, catalogs, and other bibliographic management tools, or, enter references you already have.
- Organize your research into project folders, and share with colleagues.
- Select English, French, Spanish, or non-Roman languages.
- Search (Quick or Advanced) from online sources or your own RefWorks database.
- Open Word and launch Write-N-Cite to create reference lists, with over 400 output styles available--create bibliographies in seconds!
- Remember where the citation was originally found--take advantage of Open URL and Z39.50 compatibility, and the 'data source' field.
Sign up for a RefWorks account first...then use your Case ID/Password login. The "RefWorks User Login for Case Western Reserve University" displays, then click on First Time User/Sign Up for Individual Account.
RefWorks requires no software downloads. Just use it from the web to organize your work. There's no huge manual to decipher--Online Tutorials and Help screens are available anywhere, anytime. Use Refworks on your PC, Unix, or Mac computer. Search EuclidPLUS, OhioLINK, OCLC, JSTOR, Ebsco, BioOne, ISI, PubMed and many other online databases and then import references and manage your research smarter and faster.
From the library homepage, use the "Research Tools" link from the main menu, and then select the Research Database list to locate RefWorks
Posted by Karen Oye on April 1, 2005 01:45 AM