News, Services, Events & Features @KSL
Celebrate KSL's 10th Anniversary on Friday, October 13
Community Hour on Friday 10/13/06 brings food, gifts, prizes, demos, tours and more to KSL! Ribbon-cutting ceremony 1:00-1:30 officially launches the CPL@Case-KSL collection. Save the date & come to experience the "Library of the Future"...a decade later.
Enjoy fun, food, beverages (donated by PepsiCo, Inc.) and gifts, from 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and enter raffles for prizes:
- Use the 3M SelfCheckout machine (Mon. 9 through Fri. 13), and get a raffle ticket for a huge 3M products gift box. Check out daily, you can enter more than once!
- Enter raffles for USB Memory Sticks or an iPod nano!
- Gifts of travel water bottles, mesh/nylon bags for shopping, laundry, travel, etc.
Quick Demos show you some new things you can use in your work at Case:
- Center for Statistics & Geospatial Data — try the October Treasure Hunt and win a GPS unit
- Freedman Center — check out a digital camera, laptop, voice recorders, or the new Sound Studio
- Online newspapers & databases, from the 1800s — large screen displays (2nd floor) for amazing content & tips on using it
- CPL@Case-KSL — the new public library popular collection of best sellers, audio books, magazines for fun reading. Get a CPL library card, while you're here!
- Digital Case, the new repository for the intellectual property of the university (demonstration)
- Ten Years in Ten Minutes — Tours & talk about what's new in services, spaces, and more.
Our 10th anniversary is all week, with a Wednesday invitation luncheon for administration, trustees, donors, university friends and keynote speaker James G. Neal, Columbia University. Friday is your day, as KSL invites all students, staff, and faculty to join us for lunch, free travel bottles, bags, tips on the mighty KSL services & collections, early KSL photos and more. Make Friday 13 your lucky day at the heart of the campus, the Kelvin Smith Library!
Invite your friends and colleagues, with this reminder flyer. Come celebrate with us!
Posted by Karen Oye on October 3, 2006 05:58 PM