News, Services, Events & Features @KSL
KSL Collections on the Move This Summer
The next time you're browsing in the 3rd floor collections, you'll notice two things: Goverment Documents has moved out, and many items formerly in the 2nd floor Reference collection have moved up into the general collection on 3rd.
Reference staff used to be on the 2nd floor with a large reference collection nearby. With Reference librarians on the main floor, Reference working collections are revised:
• Quick Reference is near the reference desk & librarians,
• Core Reference is nearby on 1st (where the Scripts used to be, near the Keith Haring Dancing Figures sculpture),
• and the remainder of Reference from the 2nd floor is interfiled in the 3rd floor collections, where you can easily find them next to similar works.
Government Documents is revising also, and is moving to the 2nd floor area where reference used to be.
• A significant portion of Gov Docs is already on the 2nd floor.
• Atlases are now in the nearby GIS area, where you might use mapping software to complement your statistical research from the Government Documents collection.
Interfiling the reference collection occur over several weeks in June. When reference items are 'staged' in empty areas for interim shifts, the shelves are marked with signs like the one below. Looking for a reference title this month? Ask staff & they will help you locate it!
Posted by Karen Oye on June 8, 2007 03:12 PM