News, Services, Events & Features @KSL
Kelvin Smith Library All-Campus Open House, October 3rd!
Take some time to take a quick look at some of KSL's featured services, resources, and spaces, while you get some food & have some fun. We know free time is limited so we're hosting a lunchtime Open House on Wednesday, October 3 from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Come for food, fun, freebies, prizes, and more!
Here's a small sample of what you'll see:
- Spend a few minutes at the GIS table, see how data & maps are added to your research. Learn how to print your presentation posters on KSL's large format printer, too!
- Watch reference librarians show top web sites for research, SAGES, & more, in a quick, casual setting (hint: they always have the great gifts.)
- Get the most out of your Case ID & Library Account/PIN with OhioLINK borrowing and OhioLINK remote access.
- It's time to check out a laptop in the Freedman Center or learn more about the what you can learn in a CaseLearns class and what equipment is new this year, for you to use.
- Now easier than ever to enter, upload items, and create hotlists of readings, see how the new Course Reserve/E-Reserves software has real-time web-based tracking, just like ILLiad. Faculty can always see the status of the class, including how often items are read.
- Find out how you can save time whenever you're in a hurry, or during 24x7, by using the SelfCheckout machine on the Main Service Desk. One card-swipe by library staff will ensure that you can use your card at midnight or 3 a.m.
- Need a travel guide, a best seller, a novel? See what's new in the CPL@Case-KSL collections and take out some French-language or Italian magazines, audio books, or popular reading. KSL library staff can register you in the Cleveland Public Library system so you can use this public library collection.
Learn a lot in a few minutes, at as many displays as you can fit in! Enjoy some food, free gifts, prizes, and fun on Wednesday, October 3rd. We'll see you there!
Posted by Karen Oye on September 25, 2007 01:37 AM