News, Services, Events & Features @KSL
PINs--What Will One Do for You?
If you're new to Case, you've probably heard about PINs for your email activation, grades, etc. But there's another one that you can use daily to stay connected to Case & OhioLINK online resources—whether you're on campus with wireless/wired/mobile, or away in Europe for the summer!
There are 2 methods of authentication that will verify you to use electronic journals & other online resources when you are on wireless or remote connections: VPN and library PIN.
1) VPN is the best method & you have access to 100% of both Case & OhioLINK online resources.
• Download VPN from the Case Software Center,
• Activate VPN every time, before you start your web session.
• IMPORTANT: VPN is not a browser plugin. VPN must be activated before you open your browser, to authenticate you.
2) Library PIN is like a bank ATM: library PIN plus other information identifies you.
• PIN gives access to OhioLINK resources (only), use it if you're away from campus or not on VPN.
• You don't automatically have a Library PIN, but any Case library staff member at the front desk can put one in your account.
• Later, change the PIN by logging on to your library account on the Case Catalog. Select the "Modify Your PIN" icon to change the PIN to something you will remember.
Stay connected—use VPN or PIN so you always have library resources at your fingertips, wherever you are!
Library staff at all Case libraries can help you with your PIN, either at their main circulation or service desks, or via phone. KSL's Main Service Desk staff will help you with PIN, at 216-368-3506.
Posted by Karen Oye on June 25, 2010 07:35 AM