News, Services, Events & Features @KSL
New: Reserve A Group Study Room @KSL
Students want to be assured that a Group Study Room is available for an important study session or group project. In response to frequent requests for students to be able to reserve one of the nine Group Study Rooms, KSL now offers a pilot program beginning Feb.1, 2011:
A New 3-Hour Room Reservation Guarantees Your Group Study Room!
• Come to the KSL Main Service Desk during Regular Business Hours to check out a key-tag for an available Group Study Room.
• At least 2 group members must be present to check out a room key-tag.
• Group Study Room reservation: 3 hours from checkout time, or up to the last 30 minutes of the day's Regular Business Hours.
• Return the key by the time it is due & vacate the room.
• Late return of a room key-tag incurs a $5 fine on your library account & delays the next group's room reservation.
• During 24x7 after main service desk is closed, rooms will be open on a walk-in basis.
Phase One of this pilot begins immediately. Early February: a real-time icon that shows room availability will be on the KSL homepage.
Phase Two: a convenient online reservation form will allow students to reserve a Group Study Room one week in advance.
We hope the policies for this pilot program will also address a common concern that Group Study Rooms are often occupied by only one person for extended periods of time, leaving groups with no group work space. Reserving a room with library staff allows the rooms to be equitably shared with others during the nearly 100 hours a week of staffed library hours.
We welcome your comments and feedback during this pilot project semester, and hope that it helps more students will be able to take advantage of KSL's Group Study Rooms!
Posted by Karen Oye on February 1, 2011 07:34 PM