News, Services, Events & Features @KSL
QuickFlicks DVD & Game Rental Kiosk
Get a QuickFlicks DVD the next time you come into KSL! This new local start-up venture reaches out to a new marketplace with recent DVDs and games for $2 & $1 per night rentals, and inventory that will be restocked according to preferences of KSL customers. The QuickFlicks self-serve kiosk brings a new service to campus by combining trend data from the entertainment industry, self-service technology, and user behavior.
How It Works:
• Touch screen: browse image thumbnails.
• Genre: select, sort by drama, comedy, action films, & more.
• Up|Down arrows: change display screen, see what's new.
• Select: Summary explains movie, suggests similar items.
• Rent icon with your credit card: choose item, swipe your card to rent.
• Rent & Return: do it all at the kiosk, get an email receipt.
How Many & What It Costs:
• Rentals: up to 3 items at a time.
• New release DVDs & Games: $2 first night, then $1 per night.
• All other DVDs: $1 per night.
What's In It:
• Games: XBox, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3
• New release DVDs (within 28 days of release)
• March 2011: approx. 250-300 items in the kiosk
Email & telephone support information is on the kiosk, and a browsable/searchable web page is expected soon.
QuickFlicks is conveniently located in the KSL lobby, on your right as you enter.
The result of a 2009 project by John Carroll University interns and Bowden Manufacturing, QuickFlicks Entertainment is a locally owned and operated business that currently has several kiosks in northern Ohio.
Posted by Karen Oye on March 25, 2011 03:56 PM