News, Services, Events & Features @KSL
The Power of Scenery, U.S. National Parks--KSL July Research Spotlight
Discover Ohio's many historical landmarks and riches, including national park sites. One of them has 22 miles of a famous river, hosts 900+ plant species and is highlighted in the KSL July Research Spotlight, The National Parks.
• Find A Park link on the National Park Service: Choose a state, or a zip code +radius for your next summer road trip.
• Hot Topics Cuyahoga Valley National Park, has bike trails, bald eagles & peregrine falcons, Great Lakes Restoration & the Kendall Lake Dam.
• Did You Know? The 20th U.S. President spent a summer on the Ohio & Erie Canal, walking the mules on the towpaths.
• Emerald Necklace, a NE Ohio wonder of Firefly Floats, drive-in movies, Nature at Night, elephants, concerts, and more.
• The Olmsted National Historic Site and the growth of historic landscape preservation
• Wilderness by design: landscape architecture and the National Park Service
• Creating the National Park Service : the missing years
Enjoy KSL's book Worthwhile Places: Correspondence of John D. Rockefeller, Jr. and Horace M. Albright, the result of a young boy's captivation with Yellowstone and a lifetime of letters with the man who was its superintendent & later the Director of the National Park Service. Enjoy the Google Preview offered by the Case Catalog entry, and find copies on OhioLINK.
Posted by Karen Oye on July 14, 2011 04:07 PM