News, Services, Events & Features @KSL
Your World Expands with SearchOhio and OhioLINK
Add another 14+ million items to a catalog where you can borrow online and have things delivered to Case...your world just expanded this month by another 14 million items!
SearchOhio, a group of 19 public library systems in Ohio, joined OhioLINK on October 3 as a peer-to-peer partner for sharing catalogs & delivery services. Expanding on the academic resources of OhioLINK, SearchOhio libraries bring popular books, DVDs, CDs to faculty, staff, & students of Case and other OhioLINK member institutions. KSL has already seen music CDs arrive ("CIM had a 75th anniversary for composer Steve Reich, I wanted to hear more,") cookbooks ("PBS has a great new cooking show, I can try the show recipes,") fiction & more. It's easy—Find & Borrow the same way you do for OhioLINK items:
• Search an item on OhioLINK Central Catalog
• Item not found? Click the new icon for SearchOhio (top of OhioLINK page)
• Select hypertext link in middle of page: "Request this title"
• Authenticate (Case network ID/password), select pickup site
• Keep for 21 days & renew up to 3x; renew media if there are no other holds on the item
• Renew online, via your Case library account: borrow, share, renew, return responsibly
• Daily, overdue, billed SearchOhio & OhioLINK fees apply to all borrowers in both systems
• Case libraries send courtesy automated notices via Case email. Keep your account in good standing, act on the emails, renewing or returning—or check your Case library account on the Case Catalog.
"I applaud the Ohio library community for ... cooperation between SearchOhio and OhioLINK. I feel honored to be part of a system that is going out of its way to provide greater access to library materials across the state of Ohio." Nancy Madden, Director of the Library, Edison Community College. (Fall 2011)
Posted by Karen Oye on October 29, 2011 01:20 AM