News, Services, Events & Features @KSL
Research, Back to the Future: Elsevier Backfiles Available
Take your research back 3 or 4 decades or more to complete your next research topic, with the latest addition to the OhioLINK Electronic Journal Center (EJC). The Elsevier backfiles project, digitizing journals back to volume 1, has now given OhioLINK researchers another 3.4 million articles in the EJC.
• Explore the 1950s with titles like Tetrahedon & Journal of Molecular Biology
• Reach back to the 1960s with Nuclear Physics A & B
• Search the 1970s with Discrete Mathematics, Research Policy, World Development, Journal of Medieval History
• Discover the 1980s through Language & Communication
• Go back nearly 200 years The Lancet [Vol.1, No 1.] London, Sunday, October 5, 1823 [Price 6d]
The preface to the 1823 first issue of The Lancet reflects the 2012 goal of this backfile addition:
"Having for a considerable time past observed the great and increasing inquiries for such information..." Today we recognize that the added content (1823-1994) increases the EJC to 21 million articles and mirrors the 1823 desire for comprehensive scholarly content.
In December 2010 Eric Fingerhut, then Chancellor of the Ohio Board of Regents remarked that the Elsevier backfile acquisition "speaks to the hard work and dedication of the OhioLINK community." CWRU researchers will certainly reap the benefits of the newly added content.
Posted by Karen Oye on February 23, 2012 09:57 PM