News, Services, Events & Features @KSL
Longer Loans from OhioLINK!
7-9-12: The next book you borrow from an OhioLINK member library will give you longer research time. Faculty can check out books for longer loan periods, and everyone can renew more times. So when you get your next advance courtesy email notice that your OhioLINK book is due soon, click the "Renew" link more often & enjoy some of those 50 million consortium books!
Changes are in effect immediately, only for OhioLINK books:
• RENEWALS: Everyone can renew OhioLINK books "up to 6 times," if there's no hold on it
• FACULTY: Borrow books for 200% longer, at 42 days at a time (and then renew up to 6x)
• PLACE HOLD: 10 days before & after a due date, you can place a hold on a checked out book
OhioLINK books supplement local collections, but these new loan rules acknowledge the need for extended research with shared materials. Students & staff can renew more times, for a 50% increase in research time, and faculty will enjoy significantly more time & renew less frequently. As always, renew at My Library Account on the Case Catalog.
• Changes do not apply to borrowed media or bound journals (7 days, no renewals)
• SearchOhio, the public library consortium that shares with OhioLINK, is not affected. SearchOhio books loan for 21 days & up to 4 renewals.
Posted by Karen Oye on July 12, 2012 06:28 PM