Monthly Archive Index for KSL News Blog
KSL Upgrades the Movie Collection with An Offer...
Looking for a few good movies? KSL is replacing many of the VHS videotape recordings with DVDs, for ease of use for classroom teaching and for personal enjoyment. Yet since many people are still interested in adding to their VHS collections, KSL is offering them for sale on the honor system of $1.00 per item.
• Wide variety of films, from opera to popular movies, foreign cartoons to classic literature & plays.
• Broad music collection of popular artists for jazz, ballads, folk, & rock music.
• From Hollywood to your home, there's something for everyone. Enjoy more movies at a great price!
Look for them on the main floor on the shelving near the exhibit of the Cleveland Play House Archives, on the Thwing Center side.
A sign on the end of the shelving range shows you the location & a convenient payment box is there, too. Staff can show you the way—come in & enjoy!
- - - - -
Longer Loans from OhioLINK!
7-9-12: The next book you borrow from an OhioLINK member library will give you longer research time. Faculty can check out books for longer loan periods, and everyone can renew more times. So when you get your next advance courtesy email notice that your OhioLINK book is due soon, click the "Renew" link more often & enjoy some of those 50 million consortium books!
Changes are in effect immediately, only for OhioLINK books:
• RENEWALS: Everyone can renew OhioLINK books "up to 6 times," if there's no hold on it
• FACULTY: Borrow books for 200% longer, at 42 days at a time (and then renew up to 6x)
• PLACE HOLD: 10 days before & after a due date, you can place a hold on a checked out book
OhioLINK books supplement local collections, but these new loan rules acknowledge the need for extended research with shared materials. Students & staff can renew more times, for a 50% increase in research time, and faculty will enjoy significantly more time & renew less frequently. As always, renew at My Library Account on the Case Catalog.
• Changes do not apply to borrowed media or bound journals (7 days, no renewals)
• SearchOhio, the public library consortium that shares with OhioLINK, is not affected. SearchOhio books loan for 21 days & up to 4 renewals.
- - - - -