News, Services, Events & Features @KSL
New Service for Faculty: OhioLINK and Interlibrary Loan Department Office Delivery
As part of our continued efforts to provide high quality and more convenient services for our faculty, KSL is offering a new service to academic departments in the College of Arts and Sciences, Case School of Engineering and Weatherhead School of Management. We are now prepared to deliver physical materials borrowed from OhioLINK and Interlibrary Loan to a secured location designated within your departmental office. Delivery will occur five days per week, usually within one business day, after KSL receipt.
If your department chooses to opt in for this service, you must agree to the following guidelines:
- Deliveries will be made daily, Monday-Friday, except on university holidays, winter and spring breaks, and during a specified time window.
- The department must identify a secure location for materials to be delivered. This location must be available for deliveries weekdays during normal business hours. KSL will work with your department to determine in advance the regular delivery schedule. The faculty member will receive an email notification that the materials have arrived, and unless otherwise noted, the materials will be delivered to the department office.
- Once delivered, the department will take full responsibility for the materials delivered, e.g., to ensure against damage or loss. The library cannot subsidize any loss that might occur once books are delivered to a departmental office. Any charges for lost or damaged items will be billed directly to the individual faculty member.
- Each faculty member within the department must declare in advance whether or not she or he wants to have OhioLINK books delivered to the academic department service or if the faculty member prefers to continue to pick up the books at the library. This choice will be for all items (e.g., a faculty member cannot choose to have some delivered and some picked up). If the choice is to have materials delivered, this will authorize library staff to check out loaned materials to the faculty member’s library account.
- Any materials (both OhioLINK and Interlibrary Loan) lent by another library that are designated at “restricted, building-use only” will be unavailable for campus delivery and must be used at KSL.
- This service is available at this time only for faculty materials in the College of Arts and Sciences, Case School of Engineering and Weatherhead School of Management. KSL-owned items will continue to be checked-out in person at KSL or by the faculty member's previously designated representative, such as a graduate teaching assistant (contact the KSL service center at 368-3506 for more information about setting up a designated representative).
Please let us know no later than Tuesday, April 2, 2013, if you are interested in having this service provided for your department by completing this online form. If we do not hear from you, your department faculty will not be included in the service at this time.
Posted by Hannah Levy on March 26, 2013 01:28 PM