News, Services, Events & Features @KSL
SciFinder Lunch and Learn Session
Join us on Friday, October 28 from noon to 1:00 for a Lunch and Learn session of SciFinder! Our representative from Chemical Abstracts Service [CAS] will show you what SciFinder can do for your research. The event is open to the whole campus.
The event will be held in Clapp Hall, Room 405. Pizza and drinks will be provided. Please RSVP by 10 a.m. on Thursday morning to https://goo.gl/forms/llM06Ko84twHLEq43.
Every attendee will receive an engineering/lab comp book with the newest periodic table.
SciFinder provides researchers with access to the world’s largest and most reliable collection of chemistry and related science (physics, medicine, polymer, geology, chemical and material engineering) information. You can search for substances, reactions, patents and journal references.
The SciFinder Workshop will provide researchers with search methodologies and strategies to help them efficiently and effectively scour the literature landscape and keep updated on the most relevant research findings in their respective fields. The workshop is applicable to both advanced and entry level SciFinder users, but is tailored specifically to the users’ research interests to provide relevant examples.
Be prepared to learn about the following:
• SciPlanner - interactive workspace for reactions and schemes
• Analyze and refinements using CA Control Terms
• PatentPak PDF Viewer and other IP searching features
• Analytical Method and Synthetic Protocol Search tools
• Data detail enrichments (i.e. Experimental Data, Physical Prop., Regulatory info)
• Commercial supplier listings
• User-specified alerts and notifications
Posted by Rachel Trem on October 25, 2016 11:17 AM