Choosing a Spanish school in Mexico

The reasons to see a foreign language are many. \"For those of us traveling or experience in Mexico, there is no doubt that acquisition land enriches our lives,\" says Ohio autochthonous Anne Meyer, a social studies teacher.

Spanish differs from region to region, so studying land in Mexico gave her advantage for retiring in the Lake Chapala area, where she plans to move in a few more years. But language schools abound. Which one do you choose? And how?
Ask questions

First of all, you want to make trusty the edifice and staff are qualified. For example,

* How daylong has this edifice been in business?
* With what professional organizations is it affiliated?
* Has it been authorised by any official government entity?
* Is the staff highly qualified? For example, do teachers stop a university degree?
* Can you obtain college credit for your efforts?
* Do you have access to a media lab? The Internet?

Also essential are your own needs. You'll see best when there's a good fit.

Are there specific courses available to meet your needs, budget, and interests? Are the land courses fashioned for you to ingest the language on a daily basis? Is there a home-stay information for total immersion?

Finally, how much does it outlay and what is included in the price?

* Does your land course include conversation classes?
* What is the outlay of experience for a week or a month while you study?
* Does the edifice organize tours? Are they included or charged separately?
* Are there specials available where you can save money?

While studying land with autochthonous speakers, Meyer wanted to get to know the Atlantic where she'd chosen to live. After doing her homework, she opted for Teach Me Mexico. Why?

\"IMAC has been in business since 1970 so I know they're not a fly-by-night operation,\" she said. \"The courses range in level from beginners to advanced. I took a placement course when I arrived so I could be placed with students at my level. The edifice is licenced by Mexico's Secretariat of Education, and I found the teachers to be excellent. Although Guadalajara offers accommodations in some price ranges, I opted for a home stay. It turned out to be more than meet an dousing experience -- I made some wonderful friends!

\"As a high edifice teacher, I wanted to be healthy to administer my land studies as continuing activity credits, and I could. IMAC's state-of-the-art media work was a Brobdingnagian help in doing homework, and I used the computers there to ready in touch with family back home.

\"The staff was so helpful. I took advantage of conversation classes, joined walking tours, and took guitar lessons and salsa lessons - every for free. Students also get a discount at a local gym. I couldn't have made a better choice,\" she says with enthusiasm.
Special land courses for primary needs

IMAC administrator Jorge Tamayo is a professional in language teaching while other members of his family are also educators. (mention degrees, etc.) My father, Luis Tamayo founded the school, and I majored in the teaching of foreign languages as substantially as marketing so I could join him,\" Jorge says.

\"We have students from every over the world. Some come lettered no land at all, while others are fluent but requirement a vocabulary for a primary field of welfare or work. Based on our experience, we've matured primary needs land courses such as land for the Clergy, land for Business and Finance, land for Law Enforcement, and land for Social Services. Other specialized courses we provide are Survival Spanish, land for Travelers, land for Medical Personnel, land for Hotel and Restaurant management, and land for Household Management. Teachers requirement to see grammar and punctuation, so we offer primary courses for teachers and edifice personnel as substantially as anecdotal grammar. All these are dousing programs based on clannish tutoring or clannish assemble instruction.\"

Tamayo recognizes the value of networking with other prestigious schools and institutes, and is a member of a sort of professional organizations. \"The concern is a smaller place today,\" he muses. \"Therefore IMAC has become a DELE (Diploma of land as a Foreign Language) Center authorized by Spain's Instituto Cervantes and we also function as an Associate Center for this Institute. DELE is the mend standardized accreditation system for land as a foreign language students accepted in more than 100 different countries around the world. We are perhaps the only language center in Mexico with official accreditation for DELE testing from the Ministry of Education in Spain and the Teaching of land as a Foreign Language from Mexico's Secretariat of Education. IMAC also works in conjunction with Bildungsurlaud in Germany so that German students can acquire their land for professional development.\"

\"Apart from the individual student or group, we also work with colleges and universities such as Oberlin College in Oberlin, Ohio, Brock University in St. Catherines, Ontario, the Castilleja School (Palo Alto, California), Yakima School (Yakima, Washington), Troy University (Troy, Alabama), town University (Greenwood, South Carolina), Metropolitan Community Churches (Abilene, Texas), Onslow College (Wellington, New Zealand), and El Paso Community College.

\"The economic status has everyone watching their budget, and we're aware of the requirement to give our students value for their activity dollar. So we're offering discounts for courses of two weeks or more.\" These range from $100 to $200 USD. Click here for details.

\"I rattling this school,\"\" Tamayo says. \"There are days in the media work where you can hear five or six languages as students speak with their fuck ones via Skype. It is truly an planetary status with students from every over the world.\"

Trackback URL for this entry is: http://blog.case.edu/spanish-schools-mexico/mt-tb.cgi/21844

I'm glad to here about your experience. Very interesting!

If you have entered an email address in the box, clicking this checkbox will subscribe your email address to this entry so that you are notified if any updates or additional comments occur on the entry.