« Kelvin Smith Library closed Saturday, March 8 due to weather | Main | Live Blogging from KSL GIS Symposium--Clifford Lynch keynote address »

April 03, 2008

Live Blogging from KSL GIS Symposium

I am reporting live today from the Kelvin Smith Library biennial symposium GIS Technology: Sustaining the Future, Understanding the Past. The symposium, funded by an anonymous donor is taking place today on the second floor of KSL. The topic this year relates to the use of GIS with the spread of disease, pandemic, and the effects of environmental change on the disease.

Lynn Singer, Deputy Provost of Case Western Reserve University, welcomed the 100 attendees, pointing out the ongoing nature of the university's pandemic planning efforts.

Joanne Eustis, University Librarian, thanked the planning committee for the symposium and introduced the keynote speaker, Clifford Lynch, Executive Director of the Coalition for Networked Information. Summary of his talk to come.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

Posted by tdr at April 3, 2008 09:11 AM

Tim, a quick note to thank you for your efforts to blog today's symposium. As I am giving a talk today in Monterrey, Mexico, I was unable to attend the GIS symposium at Case. As I read your entries I got a good sense of the flow of conversation and insights. Thanks again. Lev Gonick, University CIO.

Posted by: Lev Gonick at April 3, 2008 08:02 PM