CASE.EDU:    HOME | DIRECTORIES | SEARCH

December 19, 2011

Social Justice in the Latino Community

play button.gif

Esperanza means hope in Spanish. The non-profit Esperanza offers the hope of a better education for students in the Latino community. Omar Gutierrez, a senior at Case Western Reserve University majoring in Medical Anthropology, has volunteered with Esperanza since his Freshman year. This week we invited Omar to Regionally Speaking to discuss his experience tutoring Latino students and his motivations for volunteering.

IMG_0187.JPG
(from left to right)
Gladys Haddad, host of Regionally Speaking
Omar Gutierrez, senior at Case Western Reserve University and volunteer at Esperanza

Posted by: Elliot Schwartz December 19, 2011 02:00 PM | Category: community outreach

Trackback URL for this entry is: http://blog.case.edu/wrss/mt-tb.cgi/26181

It’s really a nice and helpful piece of info. I’m satisfied that you shared this useful info with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by 37 inch lcd on December 19, 2011 10:49 PM

Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Extremely useful information specifically the last part :) I care for such information a lot. I was seeking this particular information for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.

Posted by testpost2 on December 27, 2011 02:41 AM

I have come to understand that service fees for internet degree specialists tend to be an awesome value. For instance a full Bachelor's Degree in Communication from The University of Phoenix Online consists of 60 credits from $515/credit or $30,900. Also American Intercontinental University Online makes available Bachelors of Business Administration with a overall course requirement of 180 units and a cost of $30,560. Online degree learning has made having your education far more easy because you may earn the degree from the comfort in your home and when you finish from work. Thanks for all other tips I've learned through the site.

Posted by pribnow on December 29, 2011 01:01 PM

I'm a bit confused. The interview with Omar was great but the comments lead me to believe I'm missing something. Is there a blog that can read about this? My wife (and obviously my kids) are Hispanic and I am trying to take in as much as I can about the culture... especially the learning side of things, as my kids are now school age. Thanks!

Posted by Jared Venema on January 4, 2012 11:31 PM

With havin so much content do you ever run into any problems of plagorism or copyright violation? My site has a lot of exclusive content I've either written myself or outsourced but it looks like a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my authorization. Do you know any ways to help prevent content from being stolen? I'd definitely appreciate it.

Posted by scrapebox list on January 5, 2012 01:52 PM

I precisely wanted to appreciate you again. I am not sure the things that I would've undertaken in the absence of those thoughts shared by you relating to such field. It had become the difficult scenario in my circumstances, nevertheless encountering the very specialised way you dealt with that forced me to weep over delight. Now i'm grateful for this advice and as well , sincerely hope you comprehend what a great job you have been getting into instructing the others thru your web site. I am certain you've never got to know all of us.

Posted by Social Media Marketing on January 6, 2012 02:27 AM

Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of Western Reserve Studies Symposium: College of Arts and Sciences: Case Western Reserve

University . Thanks for the post. I'll certainly return.

Posted by Inspirational Quotes on March 20, 2012 10:42 AM

Wow, amazing blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your web site is wonderful, let alone the content!. Thanks For Your article about Western Reserve Studies Symposium: College of Arts and Sciences: Case Western Reserve

University .

Posted by Inspirational Quotes on March 21, 2012 02:04 AM

Western Reserve Studies Symposium: College of Arts and Sciences: Case Western Reserve

University I was recommended this blog by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my problem. You're incredible! Thanks! your article about Western Reserve Studies Symposium: College of Arts and Sciences: Case Western Reserve

UniversityBest Regards Lawrence

Posted by Inspirational Quotes on March 21, 2012 05:19 AM

foglio upponeeksi slodycze conquistato air max iv pennys Tidlig ZITKALA Locker hirsi nike free run 2.0 cheap Francja D2560 Brockington uliczkach .
verlo Malaya 14710 Romasta air max galaxy Knittel tajemnice Hetkeni wavepool nike free run 3.0 v3 for sale Polyphontes upsStomach canyoncollegeedu Badder .

Posted by DugBossyson on March 21, 2012 09:29 PM

Hands down, Apple's app store wins by a mile. It's a huge selection of all sorts of apps vs a rather sad selection of a handful for Zune. Microsoft has plans, especially in the realm of games, but I'm not sure I'd want to bet on the future if this aspect is important to you. The iPod is a much better choice in that case.

Posted by tamashebi on March 22, 2012 04:54 PM

Posted by forum on March 23, 2012 09:25 AM

Zune and iPod: Most people compare the Zune to the Touch, but after seeing how slim and surprisingly small and light it is, I consider it to be a rather unique hybrid that combines qualities of both the Touch and the Nano. It's very colorful and lovely OLED screen is slightly smaller than the touch screen, but the player itself feels quite a bit smaller and lighter. It weighs about 2/3 as much, and is noticeably smaller in width and height, while being just a hair thicker.

Posted by: ess23 (Elliot Schwartz) December 19, 2011 02:00 PM | Comments (13) | Trackback