CASE.EDU:    HOME | DIRECTORIES | SEARCH

November 28, 2012

Going Global with Health

play button.gif

How can advancements in health care here in the United States be translated to underdeveloped countries? Case Western Reserve University undergraduates are trying to answer this tough question as part of the Global Medical Initiative. Two students from CWRU's Global Medical Initiative join Regionally Speaking this week and talk about their projects which range from raising student awareness about global health to sending students abroad every year to Peru, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, and others. Alejandro Camacho, a senior and nutritional biochemistry major, and Emily Robson, freshman at the School of Nursing, explain why they joined the group and share their stories about their experiences with the group in Cleveland and abroad.

(left to right)
Alejandro Camacho, nutritional biochemistry major at CWRU and Treasurer of Global Health Initiative
Gladys Haddad, host of Regionally Speaking
Emily Robson, freshman at the school of nursing and Executive Board Member of the Global Health Initiative

Posted by: Elliot Schwartz November 28, 2012 05:15 PM | Category:

Trackback URL for this entry is: http://blog.case.edu/wrss/mt-tb.cgi/26675

Greetings from Colorado! I'm bored at work so I decided to check out your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I really like the info you present here and can't wait
to take a look when I get home. I'm surprised at how fast your blog loaded on my mobile .. I'm not even using WIFI, just
3G .. Anyways, good site!

Posted by Shayne on December 4, 2012 02:20 AM

Hi there, I desire to subscribe for this web site to get most
up-to-date updates, therefore where can i do it please help.

Posted by kolagen on December 5, 2012 08:20 PM

Good info. Lucky me I came across your blog by chance (stumbleupon).

I've book marked it for later!

Posted by lejligheder varde on December 6, 2012 09:07 AM

You could definitely see your skills in the work you write.
The world hopes for more passionate writers such as you who aren't afraid to say how they believe. At all times go after your heart.

Posted by how to get rid of acne naturally on December 6, 2012 06:53 PM

Posted by: ess23 (Elliot Schwartz) November 28, 2012 05:15 PM | Comments (4) | Trackback