Time zooms by like sun in your eyes

Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun, so once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood.
-Max Cohen from the movie, Pi (1998)

staresun2.jpg

Ok. I’m done with the shameless plug for a cult-classic. But in reality, I found this quote resonating with me during the past couple of years since I was on hiatus from this blog. At first, I wrote my blog for a first year seminar class. I had no intention of continuing it after I completed the course, but one day, I looked back on all of the comments that showed up in my inbox and I realized that I should rekindle my blog. Where did the time go?

Have you ever stared at the sun? No, I’m not comparing the experience to Max, but really, have you ever looked at the sun for a moment on a hot, clear day? I have, and I feel like it relates to my short time in college.

If you look at the sun for a moment, that bright, powerful object in the sky will quickly make you turn away and close your eyes. A ghost image haunts you momentarily, head spinning, and it all makes sense.

Looking back into the past, a lot has happened. Coursework. Bands. Organizations. Friends. Everything has changed so quickly. Some memories are stuck with me, while other memories seem to fade away. Time seems to blur and I keep saying to myself, “where did the time go?”

Appreciate every experience you have because as time goes on, they may flicker into ghost images. Wow, I guess I can’t remember how to write a blog because it has been such a long time.

Trackback URL for this entry is: http://blog.case.edu/zachary.rubin/mt-tb.cgi/21660

Comments

Posted by: Sweety
Posted on: December 16, 2009 07:34 AM

a nice article. I have also tried to look into the sun but it does not work. the eyes with tears and I look away automatically

Posted by: SAP
Posted on: April 8, 2010 11:48 AM

How can you capture this picture!! I really like it such a beautiful picture.

Posted by: cucumaerot
Posted on: April 11, 2010 12:08 AM

The effects are gradual and the result will vary for each user.(vimax pills) However, further review show that most users experience benefits within the first week. In the first month you can expect erections that stay longer than usual and your penile may even start to become wider. penis enlargement pills - http://www.cucumaerot.com

Posted by: youtube
Posted on: May 1, 2010 09:54 AM

thank you tube video izle videolar sahneler video izlesene.

Posted by: vimaxpills
Posted on: May 20, 2010 09:10 AM

They are becoming the enhancement option of choice for many men for several reasons. vimax pills is the best penis enlargement pills on the market today.more info visit http://www.male-sexual.com/vimax-pills.html
- http://www.pillspenisproducts.com

In reading your post it's probably a very good thing you don't suffer from photodermatosis like some individuals I know.

People with photodermatosis develop skin rashes (similar in appearance to hives) following exposure to the sun which is most likely due to an abnormal immune system. Polymorphous light eruption occurs in approximately 10 to 20 percent of otherwise healthy individuals, so it is a relatively common condition.

But I'm with you...I looked at the sun as well contrary to what my mother told me.

:-)

Posted by: Bigger
Posted on: July 26, 2010 12:37 AM

Looking into the sun causes an instant reaction to close your eyes and turn away. Sometimes when we look at our past, we can have that same reaction. Don't look back - look forward to the future.

Posted by: Virilty
Posted on: July 26, 2010 07:02 PM

I looked into the sun on purpose when I was younger, just to try to see it. Didn't really know that i would hurt my eyes at such a young age. Maximum Gain

Oh I try not to look into the sun. It hurt my eyes!

Looking at the sun can be painful, that's why I look at the son instead. I've heard that it can also damage your eyes, have you ever heard of eye trouble due to looking at the sun?

It was very interesting for me to read that post. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them. I would like to read more soon.

Anete Simpson